Lime Music Notation Software for Windows
Lime was written by Lippold Haken and Dorothea Blostein. Lime was ported to Windows by Paul Christensen and Lippold Haken.
These are the machine requirements for running Windows Lime:
- Windows2000 or later, including Windows 10/11;  (for earlier systems, 9.05 is required from the archive).
- Mouse or equivalent
- Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent (to read Lime's PDF documentation)
- A simple MIDI keyboard is recommended, but not essential (Windows 2000 or later includes a built-in synthesizer)
To install Lime for Windows:
- Download Lime9176-win-install.msi to your hard drive (6960 kbytes).
- This contains a Windows Installer for Lime. Install Lime9176-win-install.msi by double-clicking on its icon.
- You have the option to install for yourself or for everyone;
if you choose for everyone, you may be asked whether you want to make changes to the disk and, possibly, asked for a password.
- You may want to uninstall the old version - indeed, you may be required to.
Alternative method to install Lime for Windows (which old users might prefer):
- Download Lime9176-win-expand.exe to your hard drive (6079 kbytes). This is a self-extracting archive containing Windows Lime.
- Expand Lime9176-win-expand.exe by double-clicking on its icon. On Vista or later you may be asked whether you want to make changes to the disk; click the 'yes' button.
- If you are not an administrator, you may be asked for a password; you do NOT need to enter one, unless you specify a system directory to expand to.
- After this step, you will have a folder Lime™9.17.6 containing the Lime program, the Lime manual, and Lime's associated folders, fonts, and files.
- If you have administration permissions, You may want to copy this folder to C:\Program Files (x86) or equivalent.
On Windows and Mac OSX, Basic Lime may be used free of charge. Donations are welcome and go towards the development of facilities for Low Vision and Blind musicians.
We encourage you to distribute Lime.
There have been 85847 Windows Lime downloads from this web site since November 2000.
Send electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please Donate to the Development of Lime for the Blind and Partially Sighted, if you use it regularly.
Forward to Familiarizing Yourself with Lime
Up to CERL Sound Group Index
If you are a GoodFeel user, you may need to check with Dancing Dots that your version is compatible with this version of Lime.